Monday, October 31, 2016

Do You Have?

I'm probably too serious for my own good.
In that, when I'm in 'serious' mode, it's rather difficult for me to understand sarcasm/jokes for what they are. It takes me a second to switch gears and realize it.
Often I don't quite realize it until someone points it out.

In any case.
Today.

I had jumped onto the register to backup cashier.
And this customer came up saying that I'd rung her up for a harness at the wrong price.
That it had been reduced to clear.

So I went back there with her to double check.
Turns out the harness was in the wrong place. As the UPC didn't match it at all.
However, there were multiples of the harness in the spot.
Which means that it was a stocking error and not a customer putting something back in the wrong place.

So I called up the manager to get the price changed for the customer.
As I finished the transaction the manager disappeared back to the aisle the harness was on to double check things.
I followed as soon as I was done with customers at the register to make sure she ended up at the right spot.

She was pulling off the "reduced to clear" tags we had up.
As they were probably inaccurate.
Which left her with a handful of red square shaped tags.
She fanned them out and looked at me with a serious face and asked.
"Do you have a 6.27?"

Which is what we'd given the customer as the price for her harness.

Now automatically, my mind is in work mode right now.
So my first thoughts were. "Oh no! Did I remember the price wrong? Did we give the customer more money back than we should have?"
Before my mind clicked into second gear having finally processed the fanned out tags in her hands and instead said. "Go fish."

As that's what you say when you don't have a 6.27 in your hand. ;) haha.

Ah. Yah, I need to work on connecting the dots just a bit quicker when it comes to switching from work mode to fun mode.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment