Tuesday, October 25, 2016

New Chemicals

I wonder if October is designated as the 'month of changes' at work.
Because honestly, over the past few days I've been hit with a lot of "Oh hey! This is changing, though you should know!"

And I'm like. O.o "How long have you known about this and why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

In any case.
One of these changes is that we got in new cleaning chemicals in our store.
And with the new chemicals also comes a new system for using those chemicals safely.

They installed it today.
All fancy smanshy.

Which of course will take some getting used to.
As I only was able to get a quick demo of how to use the cleaning chemicals related to my department before I was scheduled to be off.

A semi-complicated mess of hoses, knobs, and directions that I was able to understand pretty quickly.

lol However, I'm not sure if my coworkers will be able to understand it as fast as I was able to.

It's hard, when none of you coworkers are around to teach...and you have the day off the next day.
So I hope that my written instructions for how to use our new chemical system make sense....
That or that my coworkers will be smart enough to ask the managers how to use the new system.

...yah It's going to be a mess on Thursday when I get back for sure. ;) haha.

I do wonder though,
What brought on the change.
Why did we get new chemicals?
One for every day cleaning,
one for floor cleaning,
one for window cleaning,
and one for super duper deep only use probably never cleaning.

I mean, aside from the last one, we already had chemicals in the store for the other three.
Chemicals we won't use anymore now that we got the new ones in.
But why the change?
Safety issues?
Change of contract with the company we were with previously?
Updating cleaning procedures?

Who knows.
All in all, it will probably be a good thing in the long run, once everyone is used to the new system.

After all.
That everyday cleaning chemical was Not fun to have come in contact with your skin if it was in nondiluted format.
Trust me, I had the burns to prove it.
With the new stuff, that risk should be greatly minimized. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment