Saturday, October 15, 2016

Alone Again, Naturally

I don't know why the managers sound so surprised when they realize I'm opening by myself.

I mean....I've been opening by myself on Saturday Mornings for practically forever it feels like.

Yet in the past month or so, basically every manager has commented on it.

O.o
Are they really not that observant? Have they just assumed I've had help? Have they not had it brought to their attention before? *shakes head*

But in any case.
The conversation always goes something like this:

"When in the next person coming in?"
"Not til after noon." I reply.
()_() "WHAT?! Why are you in the dept by yourself?"
I shrug. "Beats me, but that's how it's been."
"I can't believe that."
"Yah, I always don't have help until after noon....."

But does that change anything schedule wise?
Nope. lol.

Probably because we need the people more in the afternoon.
As usually on Saturdays, it's pretty dead in the mornings.
So most of the time, they schedule well, in that the second person shows up around the time when we start getting in our lunch time rush.

Still.
There are some Saturdays where it would be nice to have someone else opening with me.
On the other hand...with the work getting done faster with two people....that means there's more hours where I have to stand around being bored.

So. Double Edged Sword there. lol

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment