Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Blue Mollies

Last week, I was talking with a customer about fish.
I don't remember exactly what I was doing for the customer...I mean I was standing at the cricket podium, but if I was bagging crickets or fish...I really can't say.

In any case.
We were talking about fish.
And it got around to the point where she mentioned that she had these cool mollies that were a bluish black shade.
I was surprised to have her say that they were mollies. as I hadn't seen them before in the store.
(Though I probably had when I was younger)
So I was thinking she was talking about Platys or Guppies.
but no they were mollies.

I thought they sounded really cool, as blue fish are always cool. :) lol.
And she said that she was breeding them.
Or at least that she had a ton of babies in her tank.
So I asked her how much she was selling them for.
and she told me she was just giving them away.

So I told her that I would be willing to take 3 or 4 of them if she wanted to give some to me, so long as they were males -as I didn't want to breed fish in my 125 gallon tank. I don't need the drama. lol.

To which she agreed and said she'd bring them by the next time she would come into the store.

Which....could possibly be never lol.
But I told her when I worked.
And figured I'd see her later this week. Probably on the weekend.

But to my surprise.
She came into the store today about lunch time.
And had brought me the fish!! :D

Heh...unfortunately one of the four tricked her, as she thought they were all boys but one was a girl.
Still. I accepted them all, as I didn't want to make her take back one of the fish.

I was grateful she went through the effort to bring me some fishies. ^^
And they are adorable! A nice shimmery blue. :)

I only ended up taking the three males home though. :S
Again, one female in a tank full of males...wouldn't be good for her.
So I placed the female molly in our display tank where it probably wouldn't be noticed.

But ah!

I need to talk to customer more often about their fish.
because who knows what other cool fish I may come by if I do. ^^ lol

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment