Saturday, February 4, 2017

To ReDecorate

So there is this semi-regular customer who comes into our store.

I'd seen her multiple times and interacted with her before.
But we started interacting more often after she too bought a 125 gallon fish tank, and set out to decorate it.

lol. She can be a handful on occasion as she has very particular wants/needs about her tank.
Usually involving decorations but occasionally fish.

Today was really no different.
The only difference was that she came in on a Saturday.
And decided to be particular...
When we were crazy busy.
So it was a bit tense, multitasking between trying to help her as she decided on a new theme for her tanks. (she changes it every two or three months it feels like) and was trying to get just the right 'shade of green' and the right 'plant look' for her new motif.
Which I can understand, you don't want to have 'clashing colors' when decorating.

But it was rather....annoying. Just because I'd be like. "How about this one?"
And she'd be like "No."
"This one?"
"No."
"This one?"
"No."

And then when I finally found plants that she thought could work. -most of which were being used as decorations in our tank/stands for sell....I ended up playing a bit of ring around the rosie with the decoraitons as I'd put some back, only for her to change her mind and want the out again....only to change her mind....

Not to mention the fish she wanted as she didn't know if she wanted larger fish or smaller fish, or had me put back fish when she decided they ended up not working after all.

lol. To say she was a handful is an understatement.
As she refused to work with any of my other coworkers because "I know what she needs best."
So As she decided on things, I'd break away to help other customers nearby, and then come check in on her.
All in all I probably spent like an hour or so helping her out today.

Stressful. So very stressful.
But at least she ended up leaving happy.... I think.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment