Saturday, February 11, 2017

Overflowing

There I was, in the middle of helping to back up at the registers.
When my manager comes up to me,
Saying that he needs my help.
"With what?" I ask.
"With the fish system." was his response.

Okay.... I had no idea why he would need my help.
I mean, like ten minutes earlier we'd both been back there to check the system and make sure that the heaters were working (as they like to randomly flip their switches and turn themselves off) and I'd left the manager to treat the system (to keep the fish from getting sick.)

I seriously doubted that he needed help with that.
So why we both needed to go back there again....
Was beyond me.

It quickly became clear though, why he hadn't said more in front of customers.

Because the part of the system that filters the Feeder Golfish tanks....
Was leaking.

One of the vertical tubes above the main sump had water overflowing the top.
O.o

Huh.
That's....not something that I'd seen happen before.

But it made sense as to why the manager came to me.
It's because I'm the one with the most experience with the system in the store.
So if something goes wrong.
I would have an idea of how to fix it.

lol.
Unfortunately...I had no idea how to fix it.

Thankfully, we were able to figure it out in the end without majorly flooding the store.

It turns out we had to adjust one of the many random knobs along the tubes.
So that instead of being completely vertical it's now diagonal, limiting, I guess the amount of water being accessed to the tube.
It seems to have kept the tube from overflowing....
So hopefully that's the issue,
And that my coworker's don't come in tomorrow to find the store completely flooded. :S

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment