Monday, February 6, 2017

Inheritance

I really enjoy helping customers.
Despite my complaints about having to help customers.
I actually do like it.

I like it when I'm able to teach them, and to see the light of understanding in their eyes.
To have them express their gratitude for me taking the time to tell them things that they wouldn't have known otherwise that would help them make their new endeavor with whatever pet they're going for, be a bit more successful.

It just puts a spring in my step afterwards.
To feel like I actually was helpful.

lol.
Like today, when I had a woman come up to me.
-After having to wait for like 15 minutes for me to finish up with a couple other customers-
To ask me questions about a Leopard Gecko she'd inherited.

I love the sorts of customers that want to 'do it right'
They don't really mind the money being spent on the animal, they just want to make sure that they're taking proper care of the animal and the animal is getting all that it needs to survive.

This customer was that sort of customer.
Who had gone online and done research before coming into the store to ask questions and get advice on things.

I think I ended up spending like 30 minutes just talking to her about different things relating to the care, making sure she understood and such.

lol Kinda surprised I was able to talk to her for so long without being interrupted by other customers actually.

But in the end.
I was able to help her find the food she needed, give suggestions on care and just basically help her feel more confident that she and her husband can take care of their new pet. ^^

Yay for helping.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment