Monday, February 13, 2017

Prank Calls

I'm never going to understand it.
I've decided.
I'm never going to understand why people want to make prank phone calls to a pet store.
I mean, what's the point?
Just to say that you can?
Just to waste our time?

Who knows.

*shakes head*

I had to deal with another prank call.
Honestly, if I see the number on our phones show up as 'anonymous' I really should expect it to be a call to not take seriously.
Especially when the speaker sounds like a child. With them speaking in a high pitched voice.

Only, children do sound like that.
So it's hard to tell for sure if the call is a prank...until you get further into it.

Like this one.
Where the 'customer' said that they'd come back from being gone for a few days to find their fish floating upside down and they wanted to know if that was normal for a fish.

"It depends...." I said, already knowing from that simple statement that this was a call meant to waste my time. After all....logically one would assume that there would be a parent near when it was noticed that the fish had died. So it wouldn't make sense for them to have their child call the pet store in order to have a worker there, who can't see the fish over the phone, confirm that it's dead.
"On whether or not the fish is still swimming."
"It's not."
"Oh, well it's dead."

And the phone call ended soon after that point. Thankfully because I wasn't in the mood to deal with 'fake consoling' a 'fake customer' who had nothing better to do with their time. *shakes head*

Honestly.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment