Saturday, February 25, 2017

Boy or Girl?

There are times when I really don't understand customers.

So. For some reason, today was a day to get birds.
It felt like every fifth customer I encountered wanted me to catch them a bird.
And considering that this is my least favorite thing to do -since I will more than likely end up getting bitten....I'm not a fan of 'bird days' at all.
I like it when I can go a couple of weeks or so without having to catch any of the birds for people.

In any case.
I had customers come into the store. A father and his two daughters.
And they were carrying a box.

I recognized the father and one of the daughters.
As a few days ago...I think it was last Saturday? It was recent whatever the case.
Because the daughter took forever deciding on which birds she wanted to buy from us.
Literally they sat in front of that cage for probably 45 minutes attempting to decide because I'd helped them, helped other customers, went and came back from lunch... *shakes head*
Thankfully I didn't end up catching the birds for them as they decided and got help from my coworker just as I was coming back from lunch.

But seeing the box in their hands today.
:S Not the best of signs.

A box means a return.
A box usually means something died.

But to my surprise.

It wasn't quite that.

They'd brought both birds back.
So that they could be told what genders the parakeets were.
The girl was confident the blue one she'd gotten was a boy.
But the green parakeet....they weren't sure on.

She wanted to have two boys.
So if the green was a girl, they'd be getting a different bird.
If the green was a boy, they'd be heading out on their merry way.

So I took the box, to check on the birds.
And confirmed the blue was a boy.
And the green....was a girl.

*sighs*
Which meant I would now be required to catch another parakeet for the girl so she could exchange out the girl for a boy.

Only.
Somewhere in the middle of me checking genders....
Things had changed.

As I assumed they'd want another green that was a male.
But no.
They now wanted to return the Blue bird instead of the green bird and get another female instead of another male.

O.o
...Did I miss something?
Like a conversation with a coworker or another customer?
*shrugs* Who knows.
All I know is that they now wanted a girl.

And thankfully we had a blue parakeet that was a girl.
So I was able to quickly catch that one and exchange it out for the customers.

Here's hoping that they don't change their minds again and come back wanting males....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment