Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Teaching Moment

Admittedly I was caught a bit off guard. 
When one of our new cashiers came up to me stating that I needed to teach her how to catch fish. 

I mean, it is part of training that everyone in the store learns how to catch fish and bag crickets.
So that if my department gets a bit overwhelmed, the people who aren't trained/work in my department can come over and help a bit whenever there's a rush. 

But that doesn't always happen....or if it happens it's like months later down the road. 

This particular greenie hasn't even worked here a month yet. 
So it was surprising that they came to me wanting to learn. 
Like I didn't mind.

I did wonder if it was on their own prerogative that they learn this....or if one of the managers told them that they needed to learn how....
I'm thinking the latter really. 

and it makes sense because my department is still shorthanded. (because hiring is taking forever and a day) 
So having anyone being able to help. 
Is a real blessing really.

So, while juggling helping customers....lol as the greenie happened to ask to be taught about catching fish right as I got hit with a rush of customers....I taught them how to catch the fish. :D 

And then when they were done, they sent the other cashier (as both are cashiers and both are basically new) over to learn as well. 
So yay! ^^;; I have two people who can come help me with at least the catching fish part of my department if things get a little crazy. ^^;; Woot! 

Next...teaching them how to bag crickets. XD lol. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment