Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Come Now

So I was in the middle of talking to customers about fish tank filters towards the end of my shift.
When I hear over the radio the manager asking me to come over to the hamsters.
Thinking it was just another customer, I told the manager that I was with customers.
But it was like ten seconds later that the manager was like. "Sarnic, now, the hamsters, it's not good."

Which....*exhales* I automatically kinda knew what that meant.
It either meant that there was an injured hamster, or there was a dead one. 
So I said "Excuse me, I'll be right back." to my customers and darted over to the hamster cages to see what the problem was.

Turns out there was a dead hamster in the cage.
And the other hamsters were basically getting ready to cannibalize it. 
Y_Y 

So depressing.
Especially because I had cleaned the cages earlier that morning.
So like, everything was clean, everything was new, there really was no reason for the hamsters to go after one of their own.

Yet for whatever reason they did.
I can only guess it was because it was the smallest of the lot. Perhaps too weak, perhaps they could sense some sort of issue with it.
All I know...is that it was dead.
When it had been alive earlier. *exhales*

idk if a customer noticed it or if the managers just happened to randomly be paying attention.
But I took the dead hamster out of the cage and took care of it and that was basically that.
I could return to the other customers and continue helping them.

But still....why hamsters? Why take one of your own? I don't get it. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment