Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Scrape

It was such a simple thing. 

I was in the back, making sure the animals had their food and water and such.
And my manager came back asking to grab a portable gravel vacuum that we have there. 

And it should have been easy to grab it off the paper towel dispenser. It wasn't. 
It was caught.
And so in the process of trying to get it unstuck...
I ended up scraping a good chunk of skin off my arm. 
Like right where my watch usually rests.
I wouldn't be surprised if the watch was the causation of the scrape. 

But I didn't think of it as a big deal...
Until it started bleeding.
:S
So I went and grabbed a bandaid and cleaned it and such.
Thinking that was that.

Only it wasn't.

For like the rest of my shift...so like five hours or so?
That scrape continued to bleed. 
Which...I'd have expected it to scab up pretty quickly...
But I guess scrapes are different from cuts and claw marks....
Because it didn't stop.
Probably because I was injured near a pulse point, so the blood was nearer the surface? *shrugs* Who knows.
But it was also on my left hand.
And being left handed.
I use that limb for basically everything.
So it wasn't like I was holding still to let the blood settle either. 

Thankfully, once I got home from work and was able to rest my arm for a bit (yay naps) it finally stopped bleeding.

Still...so weird for such a minor injury to be such a hassle. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment