Friday, February 9, 2018

Special Price For Me?

Gotta love the customers that are always on the look out for a deal.

Currently we have a sale going on at work, where if a customer buys a specific 10 gallon tank, then they will be able to purchase a Leopard Gecko for just $5. 
-Which they're usually around $20 or so. 

And I had this customer come into the store.

Who was interested in getting a leopard gecko. 

But I didn't find that out until later.

All I knew was that he needed help getting a large like 40 gallon tank down onto a cart. (which a manager helped with that.) 

It was later when he asked for help where he was like: 
So I'm buying this tank -40 gallon- and I see here that you have a sale where if you buy this 10 gallon tank you can get the leopard gecko for $5. So my question is, is that since I'm buying the larger tank and will need to buy all the supplies separately....can I still get the Leopard Gecko for $5? 

To which I was like...yah it sounds reasonable. But....sales are usually to specific products.
So I went to the manager. Because manager says all. 
and they were like: Well. I can't give you that sale because it is to the specific product. But because you are buying everything, I could possibly give you $5 off the lizard so you're paying less.... 

As often we don't discount live animals because well...I believe we have specific price agreements with the breeders or something. *shrugs* Because I know we can't price match live animals to the prices other stores. 

Honestly I probably would have just bought the 10 gallon kit and called it good. Getting the leopard gecko for the $5 price. 
As really they're fine in 10 gallon tanks. And occasionally people will put them in 20 long. But it's rare to put them in 40 gallon tanks. O.o
This customer might be the first to do it that I've helped. 

In the end....
I don't know what he ended up doing.
If he got the tank and everything separately or decided to rethink it all.
All I know is that I never helped him get that leopard gecko....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment