Monday, February 5, 2018

Shrimp

So I'd been busy in the back of the store, mostly on the hunt for a scan gun. When the call came over the radio that a customer needed help in the fish section.
Which is always annoying when I had just barely LEFT that section not THIRTY seconds before.
Like. Where were you person before went to the back? Did you seriously only wait ten seconds before going to the cashier to request aid?

*shakes head*

In any case, I was busy, and my coworker was also busy....so the cashier ended up having a manager cover them so they could go help the customer until one of us in the dept was free. 

By the time I got up there -as I got waylaid by other customers-
My coworker the cashier, was in the middle of catching Ghost Shrimp.
Which is always a semi adventure, because those clear hard to see creatures like to jump. 

So when you catch it, they can like...flip themselves out of the net before it even leave the water.
Or even flip themselves out of the containers if you manage to get them out of the tank into the little container before you put them in the bag. 

*shakes head* 

And my coworker...well he was struggling.
Because he doesn't often catch fish.
And doesn't know how tricky ghost shrimp could be. 

But he managed Somehow....
Until he tried to pour the shrimp into the bag...
and like only two of the five made it into the bag.

I ended up taking over for him, just to get the job done faster and make sure the shrimp made it inside the bag. 
Because him kneeling on the ground trying to pour the shrimp into the bag was kinda...awkward...like why not go stand at the podium?? *shakes head*

Still.
Shrimp made it into the bag.

Hopefully they do alright in the guy's tank...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment