Thursday, February 8, 2018

People Are Strange

Sometimes I get those customers in the store....where I wonder if they're on something. 
Because like....they have this frentic energy about them. And don't quite seem all there. 

So I was helping a customer with betta fish as my coworker was bagging up crickets. When this other customer basically butted in asking if we had a specific type of betta in stock.

He was looking for a big blue long finned betta that was some sort of 'dragon variety' 

But the conversation started with: "What's your most expensive betta?" 

As apparently these fish are expensive....the style he was looking for.
But my most expensive type wasn't the type he was looking for.
He was looking for one with long fins. Like the longest fins you've ever seen....

Which like dude....the bettas are in cups....how do you expect their fins to be long?? *shakes head* 

I did my best to try and help him find the style of betta he was looking for.
But unfortunately, I didn't carry the type of betta he wanted.

However, he jumped right from not being able to find a betta, to asking me about the crickets that my coworker had been bagging for him.
Mostly in...how do you keep them from escaping?
Which like...you don't? 
They'll escape no matter what. 

And then after receiving that answer, he took me over to the chameleons, and asked about cages and wanted to know dimensions of a cage and lectured me about types of cages of chameleons...

And like his whole thought process was just....chaotic.
He jumped from topic to topic so quickly.
Seeming so frantic.
Like....I had to wonder if he was alright.... 
Seriously...such a weird fifteen minute interaction with this guy.
Where I felt like I never got a good answer for him that satisfied him....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment