Monday, February 26, 2018

Lifting

It's still amusing to be the one to go up and help customers out of the store if they request a carry out. 

Most of the time it's grandparent aged people who need the assistance just because they can't lift as much as they used to. 
But there are also times when it's younger folk, 30-50s who request help. The usual reason being that they just had surgery or have an issue with their back and they basically can't lift the thing that needs to be lifting.

Yet you can always see them second guessing themselves when I come up to the front.
Like I'm one of the tinier people in the store. Look like I would blow over with a strong gust of wind. 
So they're always like "Oh, honey, No, someone else can help me, I can probably lift this! No don't go through the trouble." 

lol I even had one customer exclaim "Why do they always send the girls to help?! Where are the boys?" 
(Umm...like 95% of those who work at the store are girls. Sorry. If you want a guy's help you gotta come when the stockers are in. Otherwise...you're kinda outta luck.) 

It was such a case today, 
when I volunteered to help a customer out to their car -lifting cat litter-

The woman was surprised that it was me coming up. 
Felt really bad about it.
Lol but she loved my hair so yay for that. ;) haha.

But yah, she was one of those ones with back issues. 
So it wasn't like I was judging her or anything. 
I get it. Some people just can't lift heavy things.
But I could tell she was second guessing her capabilities seeing me there. 
*shrugs* 
Not much I can do about it, besides reassure them that I do this sort of thing all the time and I don't really mind it. (yay for getting some sunshine.) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment