Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Hunting We Shall Go

They came up to me just as I was heading to the registers to try and help third cashier for a sudden rush of customers that were waiting in line. 
-Why do people all head up to the front of store to checkout at the same time?? It's so weird.

In any case.
I was waylaid by a gentleman holding a collar, who was trying to find a similar collar...but in a larger size.
As he was holding the small. 
And needed the medium size.
But couldn't find it on the pegs. It was just small and large hanging there.

So I followed him to the aisle, to double check. 
Which yep. No Medium Sized collar there. The slot was empty. 
I could have just said "We're out of stock sorry come back later."

But I'm usually the type to try and be helpful. 
So I was like "hold on let me grab a scan gun and check our onhands." 

Which I was really hoping that the scanner would show Zeroes so I wouldn't have to try and find the collar.

Because that can be quite the needle in a haystack sort of search. :S 

Unfortunately for me.
The scanner showed me that we supposedly had Two Medium sized collars of that variety in stock. 

Which meant....searching time.

As it's entirely possible that our inventory was inaccurate. 
-As things break, get lost, and/or stolen all the time.
So sometimes the system thinks we have products we don't actually have. 

And knowing that my stocking manager was still there, I asked him over the radio if he'd seen any of those particular collars recently. 
-Since he tends to see the dog stock much more frequently than I do because I'm usually over by the fish and such. I don't usually deal with stocking cat/dog things. 

And the manager was like "Oh!! I saw some. They're on a U-boat in a box in Receiving." 

So I told the customer and his family that I was going to go search in the back and see if I could find them.

Which upon finding the boxes indicated in the back....I discovered that while the collar type was correct...the size was wrong. I found small and large but again, no Mediums. :S 

I checked in with the manager again, double checking I had the right box. Which I did. 
He'd thought the mediums were there, but nope. 

So he was like "Double check the last time we received them."
Which I did. "Yesterday" came my response.

So he was like 'Oh! Then they're probably in these boxes off the truck we haven't worked yet." 

So I went to go find him and help him search through the boxes, but got briefly waylaid by the same family, who'd now meandered to the back of the store to look at dog beds and were like "Are you still looking? Did you find it?" 

Which. Yes I was and No I hadn't yet but I was going to go check one other location. 

And just before I reached my manager he was like "Found them! They were right on top" Which yay for not having to dig through a mound of collars lol. 

So I was successfully able to bring the collar the customers needed to them. 

Yaaaaay for being successful. ^^;; lol. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment