Monday, April 30, 2018

Where's the Clasps?

Had a customer in the store before we opened today.
More than one, actually.

In any case.
I'd noticed my coworker trying to help them a few minutes earlier, but hadn't thought much of it.
Until that customer came to stand in line behind another early customer. 
(Seriously don't you people read hours on the doors??) 

And when it was her turn.
She placed one of those guinea pig combo food/hay feeders onto the counter. 

Where she then explained that it says on the label *pointing to the label* that the combo feeder should come with clasps. But both this one and the other one on the shelf didn't have them. 

So I was thinking that she was just wanting a discount on it, which we can do, I just needed to double check with a manager on how much we'd take off the price. 

Only, in the continuing conversation while waiting for the manager to come up to the front. 

I managed to establish that she wasn't looking to buy it at a discount.
No, she was looking for us to give her the clasps that were supposed to come with the combo feeder.

Apparently she believed that we had extras in the back. 
Or maybe even that we were purposely keeping the separate.
As she offered to pay for the clasps separately and such.

Only....the problem?
We don't carry parts.
We don't carry pieces to things. 

We just get the items sent to us.
It's not like there's a factory in the back of the store where we can just open a drawer, pull out the parts and bring them up front.

Nope.
Everything is sent in to us.
So if it's sent in incomplete....there's nothing we can do to fix the product.

We can discount it. But that's about it.

It took a couple repeats of telling the customer "I don't have extra parts in the back, the best I can do is discount it for you." 
Before they comprehended what I was trying to say.
Like I get that the picture on the internet says it comes with clasps.
I get that on the tag it says it comes with clasps.

But I don't have any clasps in the store. *shrugs*
It doesn't matter how many times you explain it to me, I can only give the same answer. *exhales*

She ended up leaving without buying anything. :/

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment