Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Wrong Store

I wonder if other retail stores ever have the problem of customers coming into the store thinking it's another store.
Like do people come into Old Navy and think it's Ross? Or like Go into Walmart and think it's Target??

Probably yes in all honesty.
I'm sure there are people that have done that.

But like....I still don't quite understand how people can confuse my store with our competitor's. 

I mean...both of the stores have "Pet" in the name.
But like....they have completely different names. 

Yet customers seem to think both stores....are the same. 
Which I suppose they could be technically....as I think both stores are owned by the same parent company....

But the products within the stores themselves?
Not always the same.
You come into my store...we have different brand names than the competitor's....

So while there is some crossover between products....
It's not every product.

In any case.

I had a woman come into the store today.
And told me that she'd been looking on our website for sand, and saw that we had a particular bag of aquarium sand that she wanted to get.
So she'd come into our store to buy it....and couldn't find it.

Upon glancing at the picture she showed me on her phone....I didn't recognize the brand. 
So I was like...."well maybe it's online only? Or isn't carried in our store itself."

So I showed her some other brands and such of the sand, but she wasn't happy with the price as the brand online was less expensive. 

Still, I was doing my best to help her out, showing her bags of sand, double checking prices. 

But she was still insistent on wanting the bag that she saw online.
So I looked at the picture again...
and saw a very important tidbit that I hadn't noticed before because the customer had said she was looking on our website.

But no.
She was looking at our competitor's. 
And when I pointed it out to her she was like "So?" 
Like it was obvious that the website was 'ours.' 

So I had to be like "No, this is the competitor's website. You're not in that store. You're in ours. So you won't find that brand of sand in our store because we don't carry it." 

I don't know if she ended up buying the bag of sand I found for her in the end....
Last I heard she was going to 'check out some filters" and decide after that....

*shrugs* 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment