Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Look

People are weird. 
And people who end up being customers in my store....can get even weirder. 

*shakes head*

It was a tall gentleman who walked into our store, coming up to me and my coworker as we were...well not doing much because the storm had made the store basically empty.

And the customer decided to greet us with the following statement. "I have a Question." 

Which....pretty common to be greeted that way. Customers often have questions since it is a pet store.

But he continued with "How can you guys stand to work here...."

Which I was preparing my usual "I love my job, it's because we enjoy working with animals, etc" spiel. Or you know preparing him to finish the sentence with "With so many adorable animals!" or something.

Only for him to end with "when your building is so ugly?" 

O_o 
Huh? 

"The outside of your building, it's sooo ugly, it looks like baby poop. I could never work here." 

O_o 

Which....
*shakes head*
Like....how can I tell the customer that the building actually looks better?
Because last year we finally had it repainted. 
And they painted it a pretty cream and brown color. 

As opposed to the white and blue look it had before. 

It's actually a nice color combination, one I often see in newer buildings, especially in the southern half of my state. It's a color set that often is related to deserts in my mind, and I quite like being in the desert. 

So like....I like that color.

*shakes head*
And really? What an odd question. Like I don't think people usually take into account of what the building looks like when they apply to work places.
Most people work in places because they're trying to get a job doing something they like...or you know earn money. They don't really care where the work is so long as there's work.

Really...so weird. Such a weird thing to be greeted with. 
*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment