Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Misunderstanding

Gotta love those moments where you misunderstand a person.

So I have a new cashier, who ends up speaking rather quietly into the mic because the placement of said mic on their clothing is rather far from their mouth so it makes hearing what they're saying....rather difficult.
Especially in my department where I have a lot of background noise from the animals and their cages and especially the fish filters happening.

So I can't always pick up what this coworker (and a few others) is saying.

And I heard them request something up front.
The managers weren't responding at the time.
So I went to see if it was anything I could help with.

And what I thought my coworker had said when they repeated their need again to me, 
Is that the customer they were helping was in need of product that only a manager could get (because some items we keep locked up to prevent theft from happening) 
So I left to go find the managers as they weren't answering on their radios. 

I found the manager, got keys from them, returned to the cashier and was like: "Okay what do you need sir?"
And the customer was confused.
And my coworker was like "NO, no I just need help with backup!" 

Which by that point the line had extended to be like 12 people long, which :S 
I hate it when the store is dead and suddenly everyone is wanting to check out at the same time.

So I apologized,
Immediately jumped up over to register 2 to help the next guest and called for backup for register three,
So that we could get through the line quickly. 

*shakes head*
Not sure how I heard the need for a key.

But I do need to see if I can convince my coworkers to wear their mics higher up on their shirts so we can hear them easier. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment