Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Why Empty?

So I have this habit of imagining scenarios at work that likely won't happen, but you know...just in case they do happen, I plan out how I'm going to react and such. 
Not that I'll end up reacting how I planned to react. But it's the thought that counts.

And one of those scenarios I'd been thinking on on occasion.

Is having a customer complain that we're ill treating our animals because they came into the store and saw the cages without food/water/or hides, and didn't realize that it was because we were cleaning the cages that there was nothing in there. 

Well. 
Today I was cleaning out the hamster cages. 
And had just pushed the cart full of food/water/hides/wheels back to said cages to put them back.
But I paused to check in on a customer that was standing nearby, just to make sure that they didn't need help or had any questions.

And the customer was like "Oh I do have a question!"
To which I was like "Okay?"
"Why do your hamster cages have no water in them?" they asked. "That's just sad." 

.... lol *shakes head*
Yah. The scenario happened.
I had a customer legitimately ask me why the cages were empty.

Which I can only guess either a) they hadn't been into the store before and hadn't seen the cages with stuff in them....or b) they hadn't paid attention before now and c) didn't realize that the cages were in the middle of cleaning.

So I just gestured to my cart and was like "It's because I was cleaning their cages, you can see I have their food and water right here." 

And the customer was like. O.o "Oh...I didn't see the cart there." Which of course they hadn't...lol I'd just pushed it there. *shakes head*

But yah....I got to explain to a customer that the cages had no food or water because I was cleaning them.
Which I'd been waiting for that moment for years now really. 
Because my mind gets paranoid like that on scenarios, preparing to defend myself and my actions and such. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment