Saturday, January 5, 2019

A New Home

A customer called today.
Asking if she could bring in a Black Moor Goldfish.
You see. 

She'd gotten the goldfish as a gift from a white elephant party. 

*long tired sigh* 
Seriously. I don't like people who give live animals away like that. Like. Why? Why force someone to become a pet owner for your own entertainment? 

In any case.
She didn't want the goldfish.
An so wanted to know if we'd take the goldfish from her.

We couldn't.
As we have a policy of only accepting fish back from customers who have purchased them from us within the time frame given in our return policy. 

The girl was like: "So...I have to keep the fish?"

And I didn't like the tone it was said in.
Like. Kinda resignation. But like...it was a tone where I didn't think the fish was going to have a long future.

So I was quick to add.
That if she could bring the goldfish into the store before I was off in a few hours.
That I would take the goldfish from her and put it in my tank.
As I do have this nice big 125 gallon tank to put him into. 

"We'll be right in!" Was the response.

I wasn't there when the customer came in though.
I waited around for like half an hour.
but then I had to go take a lunch. 

Of course the customer showed up halfway through my lunch.
Apparently she'd bought the fish over in a Tupperware.

But yah. 
The little goldfish seems fine. He's a perky little dude. 
But so tiny compared to my other goldfish lol.

Still. He seems to be quite happy swimming around in his new home.
So yay for rescuing the fish. ^^;; 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment