Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Young Visitors

It's rather amusing how confused my coworkers and managers get when we have groups of kids randomly come into the store.

Usually it's like preschool classes that come in. Groups of 5-20 kids with their adult minders, exploring the store and looking at all the animals and such and having the teacher talk about 'what they learned' and such.

And depending on the group, some call and schedule a day for them to come in so that they can get a 'tour' and such.

But other groups just show up out of the blue to look on their own.

Today's group was the latter.
They just randomly showed up lol.

Which since a lot of my coworkers are new...they haven't really experienced this.

But me? Yah. Old hand at it. Usually it's more common in the late spring right before school lets out for the summer.
That doesn't stop them from showing up other times of the year though.

Most of the time it's easy.
You just let them wander around.

But if I have time (aka am not busy with customers) I do try to give them a special experience by pulling out like a guinea pig or a snake for them to touch and pet. You know. Something more remarkable than looking at the animals in their cages.

Which some days it's great.
And other days it can be kinda intimidating to have a mob of little kids suddenly crowding you lol.

Today it was more positive.

And I found it amusing because I was like "Watch another group will come this afternoon."

Because a lot of preschools have morning and afternoon groups that they work with.

And since the first group came in around 10am.

I was expecting the next group to come in towards the end of my shift. Sometime around 1 or 2pm.

Guess who showed up around 2 pm?

Yep same teacher with a different group. XD lol.

My coworkers/managers were rather impressed.

But yah. I've just learned that where there's one group of kids....there's usually at least one or two more groups that will show up in the same day. lol. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment