Thursday, January 3, 2019

Soaking

So at work we sell some Nitrafying/Beneficial Bacteria.
Which is basically good bacteria for your tank that comes in liquid format that you place in your tank to help break down the ammonia and nitrites and possibly other things in your tank. 
It basically helps to establish your ecosystem and such.

Usually you just dump the correct amount in the water whenever you do a water change.
And don't worry about it after that.

But I had a customer come into the store today, looking specifically for that liquid so that they could soak a bag of gravel they were buying in it before putting the gravel in their tank.

Which. O_o 

I'm not quite sure it works like that?
Like I don't know if soaking the gravel in the bacteria liquid will help the tank at all. Like would the liquid stay with the rocks? Or would it just be like....a pointless gesture?

Of course...I could also see how it could work....

But at the same time....I'm leaning towards it not being as effective as just putting the liquid in the water.....

Still. I helped the customer as best I could and hopefully they're successful in their idea. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment