Monday, January 21, 2019

Carry It

Had a customer call work today asking if we carried a specific brand of dental treats.
Which after checking the two locations I figured they'd be at, I told the customer that we didn't have them on the shelf unfortunately, so we didn't carry them.

To which the customer replied that I should go make sure we started carrying them, talk to the suppliers and such and get them in our store because those particular brand of treats are the best thing ever to give to their dog and even if they're a little pricey they were totally worth the cost and I should tell my suppliers to start carrying it.

….
The problem there is that I have no control over what our store carries.
It's totally up to corporate to decide which brands we'll sell and such.
So like...there's not much I could do there.

It's always interesting how customers think we have more control over what we get into the store than we actually do.

They expect us to have animals in stock and be able to order in products at the drop of a hat and like....we can't. We have set replenishments and if we don't carry the product then we don't carry it...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment