Thursday, January 17, 2019

Meds?

So a few days ago.
I took a couple of guinea pigs to the vet.
Because I noticed they were congested.
Only I got off my shift and left before the guinea pigs came back.
So I didn't see them until the next day.

And the next day I came in to find meds...
But they weren't for the congestion.
One as to treat the ringworm a guinea pig had (which we already had meds for that)
And the other was to treat the goopy eyes that the other guinea pig had.

But I saw no meds for the congestion.
So my first thought was that it wasn't as bad and no meds were needed.

Until today.
When I came in and saw the guinea pig that had the ringworm was breathing harder.
And was still congested.

So I decided to go back to the vet and double check. Just to see if he had noticed the congestion and if he had if he'd prescribed any meds.

Turned out he had.
And the meds?

They'd been placed behind a different chart.
With no indication marked anywhere on any chart that that medicine was supposed to be given to both guinea pigs. 

>.< So both guinea pigs went without full treatment for a couple of days.
*exhales*
All because someone didn't write something down.

*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment