Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Overreaction?

It's weird when my managers freak out over things that....I don't see a reason for them to freak out over.

So we have this chinchilla that we have isolated in our recovery room. And for the past week or so we've been giving him meds and such to help with an odd scabby/puffyiness that's been occurring on his ear that resulted him losing all the fur around that area.

Well apparently Sunday night.
One of my managers became convinced that the chinchilla was about to die.

Yet yesterday when I came in...the Chinchilla looked....fine. I mean, there was no real visible difference to the ear at all that I could see. 

But Sunday night, apparently the ear had swelled up and become all pus filled and disgusting looking??

Which....I saw nothing of the sort Monday, nor today when I looked.
The ear looked....like a normal ear...well as normal as it could when it's usually covered in fur and currently isn't.

The manager was surprised when I told him that the chinchilla appeared to be fine.
So...whatever happened Sunday...must have drained and vanished by the time I came in Monday morning because I didn't see anything out of the ordinary from what I'd come to expect to see....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment