Wednesday, October 9, 2019

The Right Size

Had an older customer come into the store looking for a specific type of dog bed.
Basically an orthopedic mattress.
Which we have plenty of....
Only the customer was looking for a very tiny one.

Which I feel like we carried at one point.
But upon searching our shelves.
I couldn't see anything smaller than like a 22X28 
And the guy was looking for a size smaller than that. Like a 22x18ish size.

And he was getting frustrated because apparently he had called the store last night and whoever he had talked to on the phone had told him that we had plenty of that smaller size in stock.

....Honestly I wonder if this coworker just mistook the 22x28 for the 22x18ish size the customer was looking for. 

I showed him other similar beds.
But they weren't as thick as he needed or the size he needed or the firmness he needed.

I even ended up leaving him at one point so he could think over the similar ones I had found for him---after I had called other sister stores to see if they had this supposed smaller size in stock.

As it turns out the customer was replacing an old bed that he'd gotten a while ago from us....
But like many things...products change overtime and some stay around for forever....and others get discontinued.

Methinks this mini bed got discontinued.

In any case.

When I checked back in with the customer he had found a folding dog crate mat that full length was like 26 inches long.
But folded in half was the exact size he needed.

So after dithering for a bit more (like I spent a good thirty minutes trying to help this guy) 
He decided to go buy the folding crate mat, especially after I reassured him that if it didn't work he could bring it right back to the store.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment