Thursday, October 31, 2019

Already Fighting

I ended up having to isolate a couple of our mice this morning after they came into the store -as we got a new shipment of them delivered in today.

But unfortunately, as it does happen between the mice--at least the male mice, idk about the females as I never get them in....
The male mice will sometimes decide that they don't like their buddies that are in the cage with them.
And will begin fighting.

It doesn't always happen.
But recently it feels like it does. 

*exhales*

I could hear them squeaking as soon as the guy brought the boxes in the store.

But I'd hoped that they would mellow out.

However, after checking on them once the delivery guy left...

I noticed that there was blood on the base of the tail of one and saw another mouse attacking the injured one.

So to isolation it went, being placed in a separate cage where we could monitor it and make sure that the wounds would heal.

Only as I was checking in on the remaining two....
I noticed that a second one too was also showing signs of blood and wounds.

*exhales*

So instead of having one cage of three mice.
I now have three cages with one mouse in each of them. 

And two of them won't be able to come out onto the floor until their little wounds are healed.

Thankfully our isolation room is rather empty at the moment.
So it wasn't that big of a deal to isolate them.

I only hope that they heal quickly....and that we sell through the mice a little quicker than normal because mice don't always sell that well here in my store.
So it could be a while before I'm able to bring them out to sell as I can only bring them out to the floor to sell to customers if the mice already on the floor get sold.

So yah. That's gonna be fun.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment