Thursday, January 30, 2020

Dog Tags

I had a customer call the store today wanting to know if we had a certain dog tag in stock.
Because, from what I remember, they were wanting to get the tag for a neighbor's new puppy?

Specifically they were looking for a pink dog bone with a silver edge to it. 
And just wanted to know the price of dog tags in general. 

Which those are anywhere from like $8-$20.

And I couldn't find the specific tag they were looking for.
As the only pink dog bone with silver edges to it also had little diamonds embedded in the pink part of the tag which put it up to the $20 level.

But the customer couldn't remember if that was the tag or not as they weren't currently looking at a picture of them. 
So I gave the customer a couple other similar options and their prices.

And they were like "Can I just send you a picture of it and you can tell me if you have it?"

....Well...if this was like a normal conversation where both of us had smart phones that could receive texts and pictures then yes...that would be an excellent solution.

However.
I was speaking on our work phone.
Which is basically a brick phone.
So it doesn't get texts or pictures or anything.
As it's only meant to be used to take phone calls.

So yah. No go for that idea.
I was like "I can't receive pictures on this phone."
and the customer was like "Oh...right." 

And the conversation basically ended there....

For like maybe five minutes.
And then they called back.

Asking that if they gave me the information they wanted on the tag over the phone if we could then engrave the tag and have the customer come pick it up when it's done.

Which I'm guessing the customer was thinking that the engraving was done by hand instead of by our dog machine? *shakes head* No idea. 

But I was like "No, the tag has to be purchased first before it can be engraved"
Surprisingly the customer didn't ask if they could pay for the tag over the phone. Which the answer would have been no anyways if they had asked. Because we don't take payments over the phone.

I do wonder if they ever came in to look at the tags though....
I get the sense that they were trying to make the process as fast and painless as possible...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment