Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Overfeeding

The Reptile guy came back into the store today.
Which is rather unfortunate because I was there when he came in.
But fortunately I had happened to be behind the fish wall when he walked in.
Which meant he hadn't yet seen me.
Which meant I didn't have to interact with him.
Yay me!

It did mean that I spent like 20 minutes finding busy work behind said fish wall so I wouldn't have to come out and have to deal with the dude. 

Why did he come in today?

Well apparently the guy had bought a betta fish and had decided to come into the store to get it an actual tank instead of a bowl.

But he was also complaining that there was like this thick orange layer of gunk that had appeared on the bottom of his bowl.

Which is...like odd? After probably two or three days of having a fish.
Because bowls or tanks don't usually get that dirty that quickly.

Well.
The reason was because the dude was seriously overfeeding his fish.
Like.

You only need to give a small pinch of around 4-5 pellets to feed a betta fish.

And the dude had been putting in like quarter sized pinches of food into that tank.
*shakes head*
No wonder the gravel was so dirty.
It was full of rotting food.

And he seemed so shocked to see my coworker feeding the bettas just a few pellets and not big pinches of them.

Like dude...read the bottle? It tells you how much to feed the fish right there.

But I also find it interesting that he was overfeeding his betta.
As I feel like he under feeds everything else he owns.
As this was the dude who killed a snake because he tried to feed it a vegan diet.
And like...he often cuts back on how many crickets he buys because he doesn't want to spend a lot of money.
But the reptiles need more food than he's willing to give them.

*exhales*
I'm just glad I didn't have to deal with him directly.
As apparently he also wanted to buy another Ball Python.
Which considering the fact that that was the type of snake he'd purchased from us before and killed with his vegan diet attempt...ha ha no. We're not selling a snake to you only for you to kill it.
It doesn't matter what your little boy wants in a pet.
Sometimes you just have to tell them no.

So yah.
The customer ended up not getting a snake,
But he said he'd be back later to get one.
Hopefully my coworkers don't sell him one.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment