Monday, February 3, 2020

Directions

It's always interesting what people hear and don't hear when you tell them directions.

Like you can tell a customer that something is 'to their left' and they'll look to their right.
Or you'll tell a coworker to do three things and they only do the first so you have to remind them to do the other tasks.


But yah....

Today a coworker asked me where some more of our tropical fish flakes were.

And I told them that it was "On the shelf above the sink." 

And I happened to follow them into the back area a few minutes after they went back there.

And saw them looking on the top shelf....above the fish food containers.

Like...did I not speak loud enough to when I said sink?

Or was it one of those times where my coworker thought they knew what I was going to say and so stopped listening halfway through and only heard 'shelf above'??

*shakes head*

No idea.

They were like "Where is--"

"Above the sink." Was what I said.

And then my coworker found it.

But yah....
*shakes head*

Not sure why people can't always follow directions....
Maybe it's just the stress of the situation??

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment