Saturday, February 22, 2020

So Many GloFish

I wasn't there for most of this as I happened to be on lunch when the customer came in.

But I'm guessing it's partial inexperience with my new coworker that allowed this to happen.
As like...we usually don't recommend having people buy a ton of fish at once.
And if they want to buy a ton of fish at once we usually manage to talk them out of it by explaining exactly why that's a bad idea.

But having not trained my coworker personally....idk what training they've had on the fish wall. As to what to do when certain situations arise.

All I know.
Is that when I got back from my lunch break.
My new coworker had just finished catching like all the glotetras in one of our tank.
A good 45 of them. O.o

Like there's no good reason whatsoever for that many fish to be bought at one time.
Not unless the customer is stocking up on multiple fish tanks.
Because like that's too many fish to add at once.

But from what I heard, the customer had like a hundred gallon tank at work that needed to be restocked and so he was restocking it with glofish.

But like. O.o How crazy rich is this guy? Or like...how much money was the work willing to put in for the fish?

Because the glofish aren't cheap.
The tetras themselves are like $9 each. 

And when you multiply $9 by 45 individual fish.

The customer just casually dropped like $400 on fish.

O.o It's crazy.
Like that's rent money for me.
I wouldn't ever want to spend that much money on fish at once. It's crazy.

I ended up taking over for my coworker in the bagging of the fish.
As they'd caught them all...but hadn't kept track of how many of each color they'd caught.
So I ended up separating the three different colors of tetras the customer wanted -orange, green, and pink--and then counting them out to make sure we had the correct numbers for our inventory.

*exhales*
I hope the fish don't all die.

Guess we'll see in the next week if the customer comes back.....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment