Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Upsidedown?

Training people is always fun at work.
Well 'fun.' 
Because it's just interesting to see how the newbies process things. Like how they solve problems. Or what they come away with after I spent like the entire shift teaching them different things.

It's a great way for me to learn what works and doesn't work for them too.
Like some people can remember multiple things that need to be done.
While others I can only give one task to at a time.
Or I need to show them how to do the task instead of telling them. Etc. 

So today, I was telling/showing my coworker how to clean the cages of the small pets.
The hamsters, mice, guinea pigs, chinchillas etc. 

And I had mentioned at one point that when the cage is empty we turn the little house inside of the cage upside down. That way it indicates that the cage is empty to us so we don't open the cage and discover that it's empty when trying to show different hamsters to customers.

Which my coworker ended up selling a hamster to a customer towards the end of the day.
And just to check in I was like "Which hamster did you sell, is the cage empty?" 
To which they said yes.
So I was like "Okay turn the house upside down to show that it's empty."

And my coworker....they were like "You want me to turn the entire cage upside down?" 

O.o
Uh.. No.
That would create a huuuggeee mess if you did that.

So I was quick to stop my coworker and go "No the little house inside."

To which they were like "Oh...that makes more sense."

Mhmmm it does indeed.

Like I can see if you thought that entire cage was the 'house' that my words would mean to turn the cage upside down.

But at the same time....if something seems extreme....it's probably not what I meant. lol.

At least they asked before actually turning the cage upsidedown. :S 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment