Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Tip

I got a tip today! Woot!!

Which is a very rare occurrence here because technically we're not supposed to accept tips. But at the same time, we need to keep the customer happy and refusing to accept a tip can make them unhappy. Soooo that's a fun conundrum. But I got a tip! woot!

Which I'm surprised when people do give out tips.
Because usually I get them after helping the customer move something into their car.

Today was such a case.

As a customer had bought a 40 gallon fish tank.
And needed help getting it out into their car. 

Said car being one of those like.....idk how to describe the car.
but it's a two door car. Kinda has a racer design. And has back seats...but like they're awkward and tiny compared to the front seats.
Yah. One of those cars. 

And the customer wanted me to help them fit their tank into that tiny backsesat.

Which I've seen tanks fit where you wouldn't think they would fit. It just takes a bit of wrangling and changing angles to get them into things. (honestly not sure how it will get back out.) 

But it took a minute to figure out how to get it in.
Mostly because the customer needed to move like all their shopping bags from other stores into the front seat or onto the floor in the back in order to lower the passenger side seat and then get the tank to sit on the backseats. 

I ended up needing to move around to the driver's side, which that seat didn't want to lean forward, so I ended up having to try and lift and move the tank while also adjusting for having to work around a seat that doesn't move.

But in the end we got it into the car! Woot! 

And afterwards the customer was like "Here, you deserve a tip for helping me." 
And I was like "We don't accept tips." 
And customer was basically like "Well I want to give it." sooo
Yah I got a tip! Woot! 

^^;; definitely a bright part of my day. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment