Saturday, June 6, 2020

dejavu

It felt like I was repeating Thursday's work shift today.

Because I saw like...probably half a dozen customers that I helped then come into the store today needing more help.

Like. It was just disorienting to see someone come in and be like "i just saw you!" 

I mean, it's common in pet stores, especially when it involves fish sales, to see customers more than once.
Because it's not uncommon to have customers needing to come back to exchange out their dead fish or to just get new fish in general.

But like there's this one girl who's been in the store practically every day this week.
To return fish. 
To get different tanks.
To get different fish.

Like I don't even know how many fish tanks she has currently. At least two judging by the conversation I had today with her.
But like...I do worry she's being...a helicopter pet owner with her fishs because of how often she's been in the store.
Like it's literally an every day thing.

Saw another customer that I'd also helped with fish at least twice this week. Though a coworker took over today's exchange.

And had a guy come in wanting to get his Chinese Water Dragon.
As he'd originally come in on Thursday wanting to buy one, but was struggling to convince his wife to let him get it.
In the end, they ended up not getting a water dragon but a Ball Python instead because the wife wanted one.
I was actually surprised that he managed to convince her to get that.....and like not end up with the water dragon too.
Turns out he came back yesterday to get his water dragon, but we'd closed my department for the day to animal sales because of short staff.
So they ended up just buying the tanks and such for the water dragon.
And then the dude showed up bright and early today to finally get his lizard.

That's dedication there. *shakes head* 
Hopefully the snake and lizard do well with them. 

But yah.
It's just like...an entire day of dejavu as it felt like every fifth or sixth customer I helped was one I'd already seen either on Thursday or at least sometime this week.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment