Monday, June 8, 2020

Fish for Me

So my coworker brought in some fish that she was giving to me because she was taking down her tank and needed somewhere to take the fish.
Only I wasn't in town yesterday so I couldn't drop by work to grab them.
So she said that she would leave them in a tank for me to grab in the morning when I came into work today.

I kinda figured that she'd put them in like the ISO tank we have in the back. That way they'd be off the floor and out of sight of customers.

But when I came in this morning.
I discovered that she'd placed the fish in a breeder net in one of our glofish tanks on the floor.

Like...it was a great way to keep them separate...but not really a great location to put them because I wouldn't be able to take the fish home until after I got off work.
And the glofish tanks are popular enough that it would be a pain to try and catch the fish around the breeder net. 
Plus I didn't want to answer a thousand questions from customers on 'why are the fish separated out' 

So I moved the fish over into an empty koi tank that we had on the floor because I knew there wouldn't be any fish in there to catch and it was lower down so maybe people wouldn't notice them.

Only....people tend to notice things when you don't want them to notice things.
And so right before we opened, I scooped the fish out into one of our fish catcher containers and placed the container in the back in the iso tank. So that the fish stayed separated from the fish in the tank, and since it wasn't the breeder net, the water in the container wouldn't be the water from the iso tank.
I made sure to check in on the fish when I could to make sure they were doing okay. Which they were.

And took them home to my big tank when I got off my shift. ^^;;

So far they seem to be acclimating alright. So *fingers crossed* that they do well.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment