Monday, June 1, 2020

'Can't Look'

Customers a weird.
I mean they're always weird.
But right now they're taking offense over the littlest things.
The stupidest most inconsequential things.

And I suppose it's the stress. The pandemic, the stay at home orders, the alterations to what had been a 'normal' life. 

But like...
People take offense so quickly.

I had a customer standing too close to the fish tanks today.
Which isn't an uncommon occurrence as no one notices the blue lines we laid down to keep people from touching the tanks so we wouldn't have to clean them all the time.

As people love to touch things.
And apparently 'can't see' the fish unless they have their noses pressed right up against the glass.

*shakes head*

As I asked the customer, politely mind you, to stay behind the blue line.
And then I asked them if they needed help with the fish.

To which the customer responded "Well not if I can't look at them!"

To which I responded with one of those polite laughs because it took me a moment to realize that what the customer retorted with...wasn't a flippant or witty remark. 
but the customer stormed off before I could correct the situation....hopefully they don't think badly fo me...or didn't hear the 'polite laugh you give to customers'.

But like....I was just left confused.
Because I never said that the customer couldn't 'look' at the fish.
I just said that they needed to stay behind the blue line on the ground.

It's not like the blue line for the fish wall is six feet away from the tanks.
It's like barely two feet maybe.

And if you can't see the fish in the tank from two feet away...maybe you need to get your eyes checked?
Because like...it's not that hard to see the fish.
Most of them are at least two-three inches long so you can see them quite well.

...at least I thought.

but apparently a ton of people don't have that great of vision.
Because I have had more than one remark from other customers over the last few weeks about how it's hard to 'see the fish' if they're behind the blue line.

Again.
It's two feet away from the tanks. 24 inches.
Like...it's not six feet. 

But no. Customers feel they can't 'see' the fish unless they have their grubby little fingers and their noses pressed up against the glass.

*shakes head*

I don't understand customers.
I really don't.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment