Thursday, June 11, 2020

Goldfish?

I jumped in for one of my coworkers to catch fish for a customer.
As I tend to do it much faster than my other coworkers. 
And it seemed like a simple enough thing with this particular customer.

Where they wanted to get some fish for their pond. 

And I'd seen, walking over to the fish wall, that the customer had pointed to a couple of tanks. So I already knew that they wanted a couple differing varieties of fish. 

But I reached them just as the customer discovered our feeder goldfish.
And they wanted to know if they were goldfish too...

Which it's always interesting that customers are confused that there can be a variety of goldfish and that they can come in different colors and shapes....

But this customer was casting doubt on the fact that our feeder goldfish were feeder goldfish because the customer thought that they looked like koi fish.

....I mean they come from the same overall family. So of course they can look like each other.
But the customer was having some trouble processing that.

And elected to ignore the feeders for the time being in favor of picking out four of our smaller oranda goldfish.
and then picked out one of our small koi fish. 

The customer was then like "Will these get along?"

Like...yes and no?
It really just depends on your setup.
because some customers say "yes these fish work together" and others are like "No these don't work together." And it depends on the size of the fish and the size of the tank/pond and the conditions within the water and a bunch of other factors.

But like.
I did wonder if this particular customer was...well possibly 'high' on something.
Because they decided to get like three feeder goldfish as well, but wanted to pick out the feeders that they wanted.
Which is no big deal for me, I can fish out the exact fish a customer wants.

But they at one point were like "I didn't pick out this fish!" pointing to the Koi fish that I had fished out earlier for them.
As they apparently hadn't realized that I'd chosen to use the same container for the koi and the feeder goldfish as I knew that they would be okay together for a bit.

So I had to explain that the koi was a koi fish and that the customer had picked it out earlier...
*shakes head*

And then after the customer had picked out three feeder goldfish.
And I was working to write down all the skus and get the bag ready to bag up the goldfish and koi...

The customer decided that having four fish in the small container was 'too crowded' and decided to put one back.
O_o?
Like....they're only in a small space for a short amount of time.
I don't think it's gonna affect the fish much to be crowded for half an hour while you drive to your pond and then release them into this big space that will give them plenty of room.

But I did what the customer wanted and fished out the third goldfish leaving only 2 feeders and the koi in the bag. 

So yah...
Customers are interesting some days.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment