Monday, June 29, 2020

Bottom Feeders?

Had a customer come into the store today to look at the fish.
And at first I wasn't certain if they needed help because the customer was on the phone talking to someone.

-Which I don't like to interact with people on the phone because like...you can't tell if they actually need help or if they're wandering around for funsies and I don't want to interrupt a phone call if the customer doesn't actually need help.
But it's also frustrating when the customer actually needs help because like...if they'd hung up and talked to me I could have helped them much sooner. 
But with them on the phone I just assume they're not ready yet and move on with my day.

In any case the customer indicated that they wanted some glofish.
And after I finished bagging them the customer was like "Do you have any bottom feeder fish?"

Which the answer is yes....we have like catfish, loaches, ghost shrimp...
So I was like "Besides catfish?" 
To which the customer was like "No, it wasn't that. It was--well I'm not sure you carry it, or if it was only a different pet store that has them." 

But like the customer didn't clarify what type of bottom feeder they were actually looking for. 
And the only other one I could think of was our loaches...which we were out of those ones. Sooo...I couldn't really show the customer those either....

They never hung up the phone either, which made it difficult to talk to them because I never knew if they were talking to me or to the person on the phone and I didn't want to interrupt this mysterious person on the other side of the phone call....

So yah. Kind of a stressful interaction.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment