Friday, June 19, 2020

Fluffy

It's interesting the words people use to try and describe what they're looking for.
Or I suppose the adjectives.
As I can tell the customer has a clear objective in mind. A clear picture in their mind of what they want.

But the words they use...make it rather confusing.

I had a customer come into work today who wanted some of our feeder goldfish.

But not just any of the feeder goldfish.

The customer wanted six goldfish with the biggest 'fluffiest' tails. 

Which when one thinks of 'fluffy' 
Fish are not what comes to mind.
Usually that's creatures with fur. Or baby birds.

But fish??

Not really considered 'fluffy.' 

However. 
I knew what the customer was getting at. 
As I feel like I've had a customer describe goldfish in such a manner before. Though it's been a few years since that last encounter.

No. When the customer said "biggest fluffiest tail."
I knew they meant goldfish that had 'long flowing tails' 

As people often look for the long tails in goldfish.
As it makes them look more 'elegant' and 'flowing'

Luckily we'd gotten in a shipment of goldfish a few days ago and I'd noticed a few flowing tails among them.

Which is good as it's hard to find 'fluffy tails' if all the goldfish have short tails.

But I fished out the 'largest' goldfish with the 'fluffiest' tails for the customer and they left happy. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment