Thursday, June 25, 2020

Being Indecisive

It was the end of my shift.
I was working on closing down PetCare.
And had like ten minutes to go.
When this pet parent came in stating that they wanted fish.
But they weren't sure which ones they wanted.
So I said that they could go look but to let me know what fish they wanted before 730 as that's when I had to close the department down for the night (as I was off and we were going down to two people for the evening and therefore stopped animal sales). 

*exhales*
Turns out this customer was one of the indecisive ones.
Where the knowledge that the clock is ticking only seemed to make them move slower in their decision making skills.
Plus...it didn't help that they were trying to get fish that didn't go well together.
Like wanting to put a cichlid in their tank with a molly and a gourami.
(Not good)

And like indecisive customers i can deal with.
But add into that that the customer had three kids, two of them under the age of like three.
Who were scream their heads off and throwing a tantrum (probably the 'i need a nap' sort of tantrum) 
While the customer is just staring at the wall unable to decide on their final fish because their oldest child kept distracting them with the fish and kept requesting I catch more fish and gah.

It was already 730.
And the customer was like "I just want one more" 
(they got 4 more fish)

Thankfully they did make a decision after like three more minutes of indecisiveness.
But it certainly got on my nerves tonight.
Probably because it feels like everyone suddenly needs help at 730.
And I just want to go home at that point. 
And screaming kids on top of it didn't help at all.

So yah.
Glad to be home away from it all. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment