Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Hold On

We had an older gentleman come into the store today looking to get some mealworms.

So after checking to see if he wanted them in a 50 count or a 100 count.

I went and grabbed him a 50 count and handed it to him.

And after the customer opened the container to double check that the mealworms were actually alive. 
Opened up his messenger/laptop bag he had with him and placed the mealworms inside.

I was like O_o???
Because he started zipping up the bag with the mealworms inside...and like he hadn't paid for them yet.

So I was like..,are you actually trying to steal those mealworms right in front of me?
Or was he wanting to just keep his hands free??
But like...he was ancient enough that I could see him 'forgetting' to pay for them and just walking right out of the store.

So to prevent the customer from stealing. Whether intentionally or not intentionally....
I was like "You may want to keep those mealworms in your hand until you pay for it."

The customer was like: "OH. Right." And took the mealworms back out of his bag and went up to the front to pay for them.

Such an odd thing...but I'm glad he did buy them in the end. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment