Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Crowded but Alone

The crazy has arrived.
Sure, it arrived, like on Saturday as it was the final weekend before Christmas.
But on Saturday I had like three other coworkers with me to help with the customers.

Today.
I did not.
Today, I was scheduled by myself in my department for my 8 hour shift.
Usually that is not a bad thing.
As morning shifts tend to not be busy.
And I didn't expect it to be busy today either.

But as lunch time hit.
So did the crowds.
I found myself having to tell customers that I had two or three, even four customers before them.
I had to apologize for taking forever to get to the next customer waiting,
Telling them that I was the only one scheduled right now.

It was crazy. Not too crazy as I was able to keep my head a float.
But it definitely left me wishing that I had a coworker to help me out.
As I really do want to make customers happy.
And there is no easier way to make them unhappy than for them to wait for forever to get help.
I had one person go up to the register twice to ask for assistance before I could reach them.

*shakes head*
I hope tomorrow isn't like this.... I really do.
But if anything it's going to get more crazy. :S
Guess we'll see.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment