Saturday, December 13, 2014

MLAARE -Provoking the Animal

There I was,
It was basically close.
And a customer wanted to look at a hamster.
Sure, no problem.
I'd spoken to them a little earlier.
Knew they wanted one,
but they'd been dithering for the last little bit about whether or not they wanted to get said hamster tonight.
They'd settled on one.
I was waiting for them to decide.
When one of the customers decided to stick their finger in front of a different hamster's mouth.

I have no idea what possessed them to do that.
Because I'd told them at least twice before that point in time.
That if you stick your finger in front of a hamster's mouth.
They WILL bite it.

Perhaps they didn't believe me.
But it's true.
Stick something in front of their mouth and hamsters will naturally try and see if said object is edible.
Thankfully, the bite is usually a gentle one. A first taste.

"Don't stick your finger in front of his mouth, he'll bite." I said, right as the hamster did just as expected.
Bit the finger.
Lightly, not enough to draw blood.

But instead of pulling away from that 'warning' bite.
The customer kept their hand there.
"He will bite you." I warned again to deaf ears.
As on cue, the hamster bite the customer again, a little harder, and then right after, bit again, this time drawing blood.
Finally the customer reacted, pulling their hand straight up.
With the hamster hanging on for another second and a half, before letting go.

"Ow! It bit me!" the customer cried.
"I told you they would bite you, if you stuck your finger in front of their mouth." I said. Wondering if this person was perhaps deaf. Because they hadn't heard me the first half a dozen times I'd warned them about it!

Again, customer didn't seem to hear me, focusing only on the blood coming from their finger.
I offered to get a band-aid, but they declined.

And then.
They commented. "I don't like that hamster, It's demonic."

()_()
Ahem.
NO ITS NOT!!!

You cannot call a hamster 'demonic' 'monster' 'aggressive' or anything like that
WHEN YOU FOOLISHLY STUCK YOUR FINGER IN FRONT OF ITS MOUTH WHEN YOU WERE WARNED OF THE CONSEQUENCE!! (at least a half a dozen times.)
THEY BITE!

You set yourself up to get hurt there.
Do not blame the animal for your stupidity.  

>.<

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment