Tuesday, December 16, 2014

MLAARE -In the Cage

O.o
I had a customer today,
Who asked, while I was heading to get them their new pet bird,
if she and her child could come into the enclosure with me.

-As we have a small room connected to the bird cages that allows us to get them out without the chance of them escaping and flying out of reach of our tall ceilings.

I have to say heavy emphasis on 'small.'
As in, having two people in the cage is rather crowded.
Seriously, its really only a one person place.

Yet this customer acted like this was no big deal. That she had in fact done it before.
I don't know why she thought she could watch me catch her bird from inside.

And personally, I didn't want these two strangers in a space small enough for them to be breathing down my back the whole time I was trying to catch their pet.

Additionally, I had no idea if they actually could, or if it was against policy.
So, I stammered out something along those lines.
It was small, only workers could go in.

She gave me this look that convinced me someone before me had let them in. Whether it was in this store or a different I don't know.
Because her words were "Come on sweetheart, we can't watch this time."

At least she didn't push it. Because really.
That space could not have fit the three of us with any comfort at all.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment