Wednesday, September 16, 2015

MLAARE - Early Customer

I had a customer come into the store early.
Like half an hour before the store opened.

>.< Which is why I hate this "open door" policy we have where the doors open with our grooming department's hours. Because anyone can walk in. And if they see the doors open...they think the store is open.

So I moved away from my tasks to intercept the customer and politely told him that we didn't open for another half hour.

"Are you serious?" He asks as his cat meows in the cart.
"Yes. We don't open for another half an hour."
"You're sure?"
"Yes, Our hours are posted on the door sir. We're not open for another half hour, we won't have a cashier until then."
"Well can I at least check and see if you have the food I want?"
"Sure, what brand is it."
"This brand."
"Yes we have it."
"Is it still on sale?"
"I don't know lets go look." So I lead him to the bags. Show him that they aren't on sale.
And told him again, that we don't open for half an hour.
He says that he'll wait until then to buy the food.

But then like five minutes later.
He comes up to me. Asking if there was anything he could do to buy the food early. Because you see, he was late for work. And his cat was out of food.
(I'm like, pick up the food after work, your cat won't die without food for a few hours, why did you not get this yesterday?)
I don't know if he was actually late for work...but he we desperate to get out of the store.
Because he was like "Is there anything I can do? Like I can pay extra if you'll let me buy the food early."
Bribing me. He was bribing me.
"Sir we don't do that here."
"Is there anything you can do? I need to go. Is there a manager that can open the register for me?"

>.< Honestly at this point I really wished that I could say "Sir, I am the manager and I'm telling you we aren't open yet. You'll have to wait to buy your food."

Seriously. Why should we make a special exception for you? Would you do the same courtesy to me if I tried to buy stuff at your work before you were officially open? Probably not! >.<
Ugh.
LEARN TO READ THE SIGN!

>.< Instead I was polite and nice and said "Let me go check the registers and see if they're open yet."
Which I knew they were. Because Grooming was open. The registers open when grooming opens incase customers need to buy the services then. (It doesn't happen that often, hence why there is no cashier until after the main store opens.)
"Oh look, they're up." GET OUT OF MY HAIR!
So I helped the customer.
Got him out of the store.
And really hoped that he won't try to come in early again.

>.< Ugh. 

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment