Wednesday, September 2, 2015

MLAARE -Late Opening

Wow.
It's been a while since this has happened.
A really, long while.

I drove to work this morning,
like normal.
And came into the parking lot.
Like Normal.
But what wasn't normal...
Was the fact that there were people still sitting in the cars in the parking lot.

With what time I come in right now...
The stockers are always in the store already working before me.
To have them still outside waiting...
With no manager car in sight....

That did not Bode Well.

So I parked my car, got out and went to the nearest car and asked my coworker "What's up?"
"The manager hasn't shown up yet."
"Do you know which one is supposed to come in today?"
(I honestly don't pay attention...I knew when the manager over me specifically was coming in, but didn't know which one was supposed to be in now.)
"No...I called Masto and he said he wasn't scheduled to work today, and I texted Daldon but he didn't respond."
"Oh...what time were they supposed to be here."
"Thirty minutes ago."
:S
So I told my coworker that I would call Sirch -as he was the only other manager number we had. To see if he knew who was supposed to be in, or if he could contact Dot or Turk.
So I gave Sirch a call...
I felt really bad about waking him up so early in the morning..... But we really needed to get the store open and running....
He wasn't aware of who was supposed to come in, but said he'd call Turk who he'd overheard mention that he might come in early, and get back to us.
He got back to us...and said that Turk would be there in half an hour.
:S
Which was....bad because Grooming was supposed to open in half an hour, the Vet was supposed to open in half an hour....Customers would begin showing up to take their pets to both places in half an hour...
But at least it was better than like two hours later....when Turk was actually scheduled to come in.

So, while we waited, I spent the time getting in and out of my car to speak to each car that would show up to say that we had a bit of a miscommunication and that our manager wasn't here yet, but he'd be here soon.

Thankfully. He showed up when he said he would. So we were able to do a mass exodus into the store and start rushing like crazy to get everything done.

I'm glad that we managed to get a manager to come in....because it would have been rather awkward....to sit out there for a couple of hours without anyway to contact anyone.....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment