Monday, April 25, 2016

A New Crew

Gotta love training the Greenies.
Some are better than others, admittedly.
Some pick it up with hardly an troubles.

....and then there are others....where it's like trying to chisel through marble to get your point across.

Apparently, the head managers decided that our new hires need to be cross trained in departments.
So that they know how to cashier, how to stock, how to work with the animals in my dept.

Which, honestly, is a no brainer in my book.
It's great to have all the help we can get, especially if we get super busy in one section of the store and are dead in a different section.

People can jump in and out of departments.
It's great.

Only....
that only works if the person being trained is a good fit for the dept.

The Greenie today.... *exhales*
I originally thought he was just going to be a cashier.
Which is fine, he seems like a good cashiering sort. Eager.

Very eager.
Eager to the point where his questions come out faster than he listens to the answer.
To the point where he's not listening at all.

:(
Which when I only had like 15 minutes to try and train him before I got off my shift today....
Makes things difficult.
because it felt like I could literally see my words bouncing off his head. Not penetrating into the brain at all.

As he'd ask me a question.....
that I had already answered.....
And then would stare at me like he couldn't comprehend what I was saying.
*sighs*

So, hopefully my other coworker had more luck with him since she got to spend hours with him instead of my brief 15 minutes...

*shakes head* Hopefully training the other greenies will go easier than this first one....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment